ESPN Zone in the Downtown District at Disneyland shares this recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect for Any big game!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Makes 8 cups
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole or 2% milk
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
2 1/2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 (14.5-ounce) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, garlic bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in cream and milk, then bring to simmer, whisking often until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add white pepper and Parmesan, stirring until well incorporated. Remove from heat. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Fold in cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese is completely incorporated. Add spinach, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts, stirring gently so as not to break up the artichokes.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is completely melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, and/or garlic bread.
Let me know when you plan to make it - I'll be right over!