Picture it: Back in 2010, we didn’t make Advance Dining Reservations (ADR) for dinner one night, Princess Mouse wanted to go to the Mouseketeer Club at the Grand Floridian (RIP, Mouseketeer Club), and the Chief Mouse and I needed a place to eat that night. Did I mention it was September in the midst of Free Diing? So we call Disney Dining and ask what they have available for a party of 2. They have Restaurant Marrakesh at Morocco in Epcot. Yikes. I don’t do Indian/Moroccan/etc. food and DH most certainly doesn’t but the Cast Member on the phone convinces us that it’s quite good and tells us what to order. He shrugs at me, I shrug back, and we go.
It was GREAT!
Vegetarians will do well at either the quick-service Tangierine Cafe or the table-service Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco. Any non-vegetarians in your party will find plenty of delicious meat dishes and this carnivore could’ve made a meal of the hummus and the delicious couscous recipe that follows. Yum!
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 of a sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a zucchini, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 12 ounces cooked plain couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup tangerine segments or mandarin orange segments
- Mint sprig for garnish
1. In skillet, saute onion, garlic, sweet bell peppers and zucchini in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add 1/2 cup olive oil to vegetables along with raisins, chickpeas and orange juice.
2. Toss vegetable mixture with couscous and pan juices. Add parsley and fold in citrus segments. Mound mixture onto a platter and garnish with mint.